1. What unites us is the desire to advocate and eventually get federo. We do not need distracters. Our only focus is to support the "federo" form of governance in Uganda.
2. This is a wrong forum for anyone who is not ready to speak publicly in favor of "federo."
3. This forum serves a number of purposes:
a. for mutual support;
b. strategic and/or planning;
c. to provide direction to the general discussion on FedsNet;
d. implement projects. More importantly this is where we deal with our differences. We work on, a more or less, consensus model - that is, as much as possible, we try to see each others view point before we proceed.
1. Dedication and restrict to Federo cause.
2. Ready to give up a month's meal for the Federo cause.
3. Sign or put one's name on public documents.
4. Every new member shall recruit one new member.
5. Each new member shall pay an entry fee (USD 50).
6. Key criteria is one's views presented persistently on federo.
7. A member shall be asked to leave if he/she fails to follow ground rules as established by the group.
8. This forum shall not be used for personal attacks of any kind. It is important to respond to what a person says (writes) rather than responding to the 'person'.
Advocacy is a tool that many have used effectively to help find solutions in situations where many feel helpless. Using public opinion, pressure groups and dialogue many such advocacy groups have effected changes against powerful interests. I believe that there are many able and willing Ugandans who want to effect change but have no forum. I am listing how we can go about establishing such an advocacy forum or group.
Advocacy for Federalism in Uganda
Anybody is free to join. There is an entry fee to help carry out the group's objectives. Member names will be listed on any position paper that we circulate. If necessary, those with contrary views will be listed separately with their related position.
Issues and Topics:
Any current topic is chosen for discussion, but especially federalism. After deliberations for an agreed period of time, a person volunteers to write a position paper. Any person may write a counter position, which is appended to the generally agreed upon position.
Medium for Discussion:
We shall start from this site. There are some web-based live voice chat rooms that are free. As we get sophisticated, occasional teleconferences or physical conferences shall be inevitable.
Dissemination of Findings:
We distribute our findings to all leaders in the world, organizations that we perceive to be sympathetic, and all and sundry who care to hear.
This way, we help to forge a better future for Uganda.